Saturday, July 15, 2017

The Archived by Victoria Schwab

                                               🌟🌟🌟🌟out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis:
The Archive, an otherworldly library, contains the bodies of everyone who has ever died. But when the Archive is compromised from within, sixteen-year-old Mackenzie Bishop must use her skills as a Keeper to identify the traitor and prevent violent Histories from escaping into our world. The first in a dark, dazzlingly inventive YA fantasy series from the author of The Near Witch.

I wasn't sure what to think of this book when I first started reading it. People are essentially shelved histories? This book began pretty slowly as well but the premise intrigued me and I wanted to know how the story would progress. The book did manage to pick up quite a bit as the book went on which I appreciated. I loved that Mackenzie's job as a keeper entailed a fair amount of intellectual ability as well as physical ability. She was an interesting character, deeply scarred by the loss of loved ones and attempting to solider on by being a workaholic.  
I enjoyed Wesley just as much but I have to agree with other reviewers. He did not get enough time in this book. I wanted to know more about him. What is his home life really like? What was it like for him to transition into the role that he took on in his Aunt's stead.
This book is very unique and I can see why Victoria Schwab is getting so much praise for her books. What an interesting take on death and a secret society of sorts that make sure that they have a peaceful afterlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment