Saturday, July 29, 2017

A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton

                                              🌟🌟🌟🌓 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis:
When Ari first arrived in the dilapidated city of New 2, all she wanted was to figure out who she was. But what she discovered was beyond her worst nightmare. Ari is a descendant of Medusa and can already sense the evil growing inside her—a power the goddess Athena will stop at nothing to possess.

Desperate to hold on to her humanity and protect her loved ones, Ari must fight back. But Athena’s playing mind games, not just with Ari, but with those she cares about most. And Athena has a very special plan for the brooding and sexy Sebastian.

Ari is determined to defeat Athena, but time is running out. With no other options, Ari must unleash the very thing she’s afraid of: herself.

I wish that the author wouldn't have treated readers as if they couldn't remember anything from the first book. For the first 50 pages or so I felt like I was being reminded about something that was learned in the first book.

The action picks up in this one as Ari's discovers more about her abilities and how to use them. She is a beast! We learn more about some the characters that were in the first book like some of the heads of the nine families and are also introduced to more characters. I particularly liked Henri and Ari's dad.

It seemed like the author fixed the awkwardness of the relationship between Ari and Sebastian in this book but reading further into the book I realized how wrong I was. I don't understand this relationship! There is a period where their relationship changes and the author never even explains it! It just goes back to the way that it was.

I wanted to rate this book higher but I just couldn't. I love the action scenes but the rest of the book tends to suffer. I don't really understand what Athena's end game is. I thought I had her plan nailed down but after this book I have no idea. I know that she enjoys using psychological torture on Ari and that is majorly ratcheted up in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment