Saturday, July 15, 2017

Slated by Teri Terry


                                             🌟🌟🌟🌗 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Synopsis:
Kyla’s memory has been erased, her personality wiped blank, her memories lost forever. She’s been slated. The government claims that she was a terrorist and they are giving her a second chance—if she plays by their rules. But scenes from the past haunt her as she tries to adjust to a new life, family, and school, leaving her unsettled. Who is she really? And if only criminals are meant to be slated, why are so many other teens disappearing? As she and her friend Ben seek answers, Kyla is torn between the need to know more and her instinct for self-preservation.

This book was very good because it was filled to the brim with tense moments. It reminded me of a thriller in that way. However, I wanted more from it than a ton of tense moments. I wish that more things would have happened besides Kyla being upset about her levo buzzing with a lowered emotion score. That got old very fast! I wanted more action or something different to take place rather than the same things that are dealt with over and over throughout the book. For instance, I cannot count how times veiled, creepy threats are spoken to the main character or how many times she is basically told to shut up, mind her business, and be a idiotic smiling robot. 
This book was nothing but breadcrumbs until the author finally revealed what was happening on the last page. I wish that the author would have been more forthcoming about things. Please don't misunderstand me. I thought that this book was good enough but I thought that it could have been more. I realize that there is a sequel and it could have far more action in it than this one. I just don't know if I want to read it given how this one dragged on a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment