Saturday, July 29, 2017

Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton

                                              🌟🌟🌟🌓 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis:
Ari can’t help feeling lost and alone. With teal eyes and freakish silver hair that can’t be changed or destroyed, Ari has always stood out. And after growing up in foster care, she longs for some understanding of where she came from and who she is.

Her search for answers uncovers a message from her long dead mother: Run. Ari can sense that someone, or something, is getting closer than they should. But it’s impossible to protect herself when she doesn’t know what she’s running from or why she is being pursued.

She knows only one thing: she must return to her birthplace of New 2, the lush rebuilt city of New Orleans. Upon arriving, she discovers that New 2 is very...different. Here, Ari is seemingly normal. But every creature she encounters, no matter how deadly or horrifying, is afraid of her.

Ari won’t stop until she knows why. But some truths are too haunting, too terrifying, to ever be revealed. 

I wasn't sure about how Kelly Keaton combined paranormal and mythological elements in this book. It seemed a bit odd to me. I think I need to read the next book to have more time to process it. I did love how different the idea was from other books within the paranormal genre. 

I enjoyed learning about Ari's backstory. It made the pieces of the story fit together well.I think that Ari is a great character and I hope to see her grow and develop even more as the books progress. I loved how she had a hard time believing that certain creatures existed even though she realized that she was different from everyone else while she was growing up. It made her seem more human to be so skeptical and it helped the story to progress more naturally. As a reader, I was able to learn about the world through her eyes in a believable way without the flow suffering.

The quick attraction and make out session was odd between Ari and a certain someone. I could understand feeling a connection with what they have in common but it seemed awkward to me. Hopefully, this will be explained or fixed in the sequel. I am excited to see and learn more about a few of characters that seem to have a stake in Ari's future and the progression of her power. There are few characters that definitely so not trust and I want to find out if I am right about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment