Monday, July 10, 2017

Bad Blood (The Naturals #4) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


                                            🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis:
When Cassie Hobbes joined the FBI's Naturals program, she had one goal: uncover the truth about her mother's murder. But now, everything Cassie thought she knew about what happened that night has been called into question. Her mother is alive, and the people holding her captive are more powerful—and dangerous—than anything the Naturals have faced so far. As Cassie and the team work to uncover the secrets of a group that has been killing in secret for generations, they find themselves racing a ticking clock. New victims. New betrayals. New secrets. When the bodies begin piling up, it soon becomes apparent that this time, the Naturals aren't just hunting serial killers. They're being hunted. 

I'm not sure that I loved the addition of new characters in this book but it was as amazing as number three in the series regardless. It started off a bit strangely in order to introduce new characters but quickly picked up speed afterward. This book above all the others before it racketed up the tension tenfold. I felt like I was on a roller coaster while I was reading this because there was so much tension and excitement.

The "you" perspective in this book is particularly fantastic. It was broken, haunting, and cruel all in one. At times, throughout the book there would only be a sentence but it carried a lot of weight to the point where it didn't matter that the perspective was so short. I honestly had no idea what was going to happen in this book while I was reading it but was excited to be along for the ride. The mystery behind Cassie's mother is finally solved and I felt that it was expertly done. It might upset some people reading this but I thought that it ended perfectly.

It was interesting to see the changes in all the characters particularly Cassie considering she was the one most affected throughout the book. Her emotions were so intense that I had to take breaks while I was reading the book in order to get my emotions under control. I'm not sure if there is going to be another book after this one but I cannot recommend this book enough for anyone that likes thrillers, mysteries, and/or books filled with tense scenes that keep you on the edge of your seat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment