Monday, July 24, 2017

Find Me by Romily Bernard

                                              🌟🌟🌟🌓 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis:
When teen hacker and foster child Wick Tate finds a dead classmate's diary on her front step, with a note reading "Find me," she sets off on a perverse game of hide-and-seek to catch the killer. But things get even more personal as Wick's deadbeat dad returns and the killer points to Wick's sister Lily as the next target.
With the help of oh-so-cute hacker-boy-next-door Griff, can Wick find her tormentor and save her sister?

This book reminded me of 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher mixed with When by Victoria Laurie. The diary didn't have instructions in it but it made it feel like the diary was a character all on its own. It made for an interesting addition to the story that didn't disrupt the flow. The quotes from the diary were at the beginning of each chapter.

I guessed who the "killer" was within the first 80 pages and my first thought was it can't be that easy. It turns out that it was that easy. The villain was interesting and it made sense but I would have liked to have had to try harder to figure it out.

I know that other readers hated Wicket but I loved her. Everyone that was supposed to support and love her let her down. She coped in the the best way she could by pushing people away, having trust issues, and becoming cynical. I don't blame her for that. Yes, she was hardened but not incapable of change.

I hated the Carsen! Why would you call a teenager trash in place of a first name. I don't care if you think she committed a crime like hacking. That is uncalled for. I think the author did it in order to put him in the suspect pool.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment