Thursday, February 2, 2017

Up in the Treehouse by K. K. Allen

                                          🌟🌟🌟 and a half out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars
Summary:
I wanted to tell him all my secrets, but he became one of them instead.

Chloe Rivers never thought she would keep secrets from her best friend. Then again, she never imagined she would fall in love with him either. When she finally reveals her feelings, rejection shatters her, rendering her vulnerable and sending her straight into the destructive arms of the wrong guy.

Gavin Rhodes never saw the betrayal coming. It crushes him. Chloe has always been his forbidden fantasy--sweet, tempting, and beautiful. But when the opportunity finally presents itself, he makes the biggest mistake of all and denies her.

Now it's too late . . .

Four years after a devastating tragedy, Chloe and Gavin's world's collide and they find their lives entangling once again. Haunted by the past, they are forced to come to terms with all that has transpired to find the peace they deserve. Except they can't seem to get near each other without combating an intense emotional connection that brings them right back to where it all started . . . their childhood tree house.

Chloe still holds her secrets close, but this time she isn't the only one with something to hide. Can their deep-rooted connection survive the destruction of innocence?

I was conflicted as to how to rate this book. While I felt that it was a solid story and there wasn't really much I didn't like about it, I feel like I had read it before. I can't really remember what the book is called but at first I honestly thought that I was re-reading something. 

I felt like the book could have been shorter. There were points where it felt as if the story was drawn out. I may be biased about this though because the story felt so familiar.

I also felt as if I didn't quite understand what motivated certain characters to pursue the actions that they did. There was a point where the author has one of the minor characters explain why she did something and I still couldn't wrap my head around it. It didn't make any sense to me. 

If you like reading this particular type of story or haven't read anything like it before, then I recommend that you read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment