Monday, February 20, 2017

See Through Heart by Amie Knight


                                                  🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars

Summary:
Ainsley came into my life in a flurry of vibrant colors, lighting my world up when all seemed lost.

It wasn’t our quiet nights by the creek or stolen kisses surrounded by a sea of cotton that saved me. 

It was her. 

She was my comfort when life threw one ugly tragedy after another at me. 

Until she dealt me the greatest blow. 

Now, abandonment, betrayal, and death darken every corner of my life. Anger and hurt burn bright where love and trust once lived. 

But, now, she’s back. Sure, she’s changed, but I see through it—straight to her heart.


First of all, I know that it is wrong to judge a book by its cover but I love this cover! It's beautiful! I thought that this book was solid and it was slightly different from other second chance romance books that I've read in the past.

I loved the relationships between each of the characters in this book. They were each slightly different because the characters were all different. I appreciated Ainsley and the level of loyalty and love that she had for the people in her life. She was willing to sacrifice her own happiness in order to ensure that those around her were happy. 

Adrian was also someone that I loved in this book. He was steady and strong but felt appropriately vulnerable at different points as well. I don't think that the changes in him after Ainsley returns are believable. The things that he does seem completely out of character for him. I also had a hard time believing the level of friendship between him and Miranda. The characters just didn't seem to have the chemistry I was looking for in a friendship. 

I had a hard time with the book with Ainsley comes back to her hometown.  I didn't understand why she changed herself the way that she did. Was it to distance herself from the events that took place in the past? Did she want to feel outside of herself? The relationship between Adrian and Ainsley felt disjointed to me. I know that they have been separated for quite some time but the author is leading us to believe that there is still a deep connection. I wasn't able to feel that like I did in the beginning of the book.

It appeared as if they came back together very quickly even though Ainsley had been back for months. I also could be the only one that feels this way but it seemed like they finally decieded to be together after being intimate. As is that was all that was needed to fix all of the anger, sadness, and resentment!?! 

I know that it may seem like I hated this book but I didn't. I felt that it was a solid story that I would most likely read again in the future. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes second chance romance or wants to try reading a second chance romance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment