Saturday, February 25, 2017

Forgotten Treasures by D. Hart

                                         🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars
Summary:
*** Inspired by a community tragedy ***
(Characters and other events are a work of fiction)

In the aftermath of destruction, hearts were destroyed, strengths were stripped, and vulnerabilities were exposed.

A community was ripped apart after a tragic accident, and the loss hit one family particularly hard as it claimed the lives of three, leaving only one surviving member to pick up the pieces and move forward.

Baylor’s life was wiped clean in the blink of an eye. No family, no home, no name. That is, until she met Brandt. He took a chance, giving her hope and a reason to start over. A reason to rebuild a life full of forgotten memories. A reason to trust. A reason to love.

Finding love in all the right places should be easy, but when truths are revealed, it's anything but. Brandt will help her rediscover the true meaning of unconditional eternal love that will prove painful, life altering, and redeeming.

Together, they will try to face the future and will use each others strengths to learn how to live again. Can they rewrite history, or in the end, will the tragedies of their pasts be too much?



I loved how this book began. I truly felt the main character's fear and confusion of waking up in the hospital. I can't say that I would react any differently than she did. The descriptions that the author put forth really transported me into the story. 

Baylor actually reminded me of myself which drew me into the story even more. She said the most random things at times and seemed to be awkward with the opposite sex. It was both endearing and cringe-worthy because it reminded me of situations where I reacted similarly. All of the characters were wonderful and each one added a needed element to the story. It is just that Baylor stood out to me the most.

I thought that this book was well thought out, making it realistic and heart wrenching. I thought that the progression of the story was very fluid. Everything that happened did so at a good pace in my opinion. I thought that the flashbacks added much needed information to the story to give it even more depth than it already had. 

This story is heart-breaking so bring your tissues if you read it. I highly recommend it! You won't regret reading this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment