Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Making Faces by Amy Harmon

                                                🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟stars

Summary:
 Ambrose Young was beautiful. He was tall and muscular, with hair that touched his shoulders and eyes that burned right through you. The kind of beautiful that graced the covers of romance novels, and Fern Taylor would know. She'd been reading them since she was thirteen. But maybe because he was so beautiful he was never someone Fern thought she could have...until he wasn't beautiful anymore.

Making Faces is the story of a small town where five young men go off to war, and only one comes back. It is the story of loss. Collective loss, individual loss, loss of beauty, loss of life, loss of identity. It is the tale of one girl's love for a broken boy, and a wounded warrior's love for an unremarkable girl. This is a story of friendship that overcomes heartache, heroism that defies the common definitions, and a modern tale of Beauty and the Beast where we discover that there is little beauty and a little beast in all of us.


Books like this are the reason I read! This is easily one of the best romance novels I have ever read! I haven't read anything from this author that I didn't like. I think that she is incapable of writing a bad book! Even though I love all of her books, this one is my absolute favorite!

I loved everything about this book! It tore me apart and you will need tissues if you read it. I feel as if the author knows me. Fern is like a carbon copy of me personality wise. I feel like Amy Harmon knew exactly what I went through when I was young and put it onto paper. My heart broke for her with everything that she was confronted with during the course of the book. 

I loved the relationship that she had with her cousin Bailey. It was so playful but also meaningful and deep. They were not going through the same exact thing but they were able to understand each other and communicate on another level. 

I wasn't sure what to make of Ambrose at first but I grew to love him as I found out more about him. He also has a special way of communicating with Fern that I found so romantic. I don't want to give it away but just know that it will make you smile while reading it.

These characters are all lost in different ways but they find themselves through each other. They find out that they are more than their looks and differences from those around them. They grow to love themselves for who they are. There were a lot of life lessons in this story. I learned about myself over the course of reading this novel as well as healing from wounds that seem like they are too deep to heal from. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment