Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Sacrifice by Adriana Locke


                                         🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars


Summary: 
 My life changed forever the night my husband died.
I was left with a shattered heart, a heap of bills, and our daughter, EVERLEIGH. I don’t want to rely on anyone, least of all CREW GENTRY. He’s my first love and the man who almost destroyed me, the man who has let me down every time I’ve needed him.
But when tragedy strikes a second time, Crew just might be my only hope.

My life changed forever the night my brother died.
I was left with a guilty conscience, a pile of mistakes, and little else. I take care of JULIA GENTRY, my brother’s widow and the love of my life, and their daughter. I know she doesn’t want my help, but she gets it anyway. I owe her that.

When another disaster hits, I’m given the opportunity to make things right. I’m taking it. I'm willing to sacrifice it all.


Such a good book! Sacrifice is such an appropriate name for this book! There are so many sacrifices made by the two main characters in this book. It was a heartbreaking story that was wonderfully written!

The struggles that Julia was going throughout the book broke my heart. While I have never been put in the situation where I didn't have enough money to pay for basic necessities, I do have a small child that I would so anything for just like Julia. I can't imagine being in that situation and the amount of stress that would put someone under. I found her to be such a brave character and I was impressed by her. 

I loved Crew from the beginning of the book. Even though he had made some mistakes in his past, I felt like I could see the man that he really was shining through. I predicted the choices that he was going to make in the book so none of them were surprises to me. He was everything that a man should be towards his family. I loved the way that he was with Julia and Ever. He did everything that he could for them even when he was struggling with knowing what the right thing to do was. 

 This book kept me on the edge of my seat towards the end. I honestly had no idea what was going to happen. I was terrified that something bad was going to happen and I had tears in my eyes until the very end. I had to take frequent breaks from reading this book once I got to about the 80% mark.

The only reason that I didn't give this book five stars is because I felt that it was very drawn out. I feel like a good portion could have been cut out of the book and it would have still been amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment