Thursday, February 16, 2017

One by Jewel E. Ann

                                               🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars

Summary:
Lake Jones is a cover girl for cutting-edge prosthetic legs, a binge-watcher of Netflix, known to spy on her neighbor through her door’s peephole, and fond of laser games with her hairless cat. She’s also a bit sexually-frustrated.

Until …

God bestows a breath of mercy upon her in the form of Minnesota’s NFL starting quarterback. But this gift is no stranger. Lake met Cage Monaghan three years earlier.
It was one day.
One moment.
One kiss that resurrected her dreams of finding love.

His dimpled smile distracts from his imperfections, which include: a love for country music, fishing, and a feline-hating girlfriend.
When life finally gives them their chance, it’s a humorous and heart-wrenching journey to find their place in the world.
"We would be Cage and Lake. We would be unpredictable. We would be reckless. We would give normality the middle finger.”

I could not get into this book no matter how hard I tried. For me, it was just ok. I liked Lake and Cage as characters. They were both likeable and incredibly strong having dealt with what they did in their lives. I loved how Lake was so comfortable with her body knowing that people would look at her differently and possibly judge her for it.

However, I didn't feel the chemistry between them. I'm guessing that as readers we are supposed to believe that their story began with love at first sight because without that nothing that they do makes sense. 

Cage does something incredibly impulsive towards the beginning of the book and I couldn't for the life of me understand what compelled him to do it. I had a hard time seeing them as a couple. 

I wasn't completely drawn into the story as a whole. I felt like the author tried to inject drama into the story and at times it just didn't work. The book was also very drawn out for the kind of story that it was. Even though I finished it, I was bored throughout the majority of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment