Sunday, February 26, 2017

Tainted by Crazy by Abby McCarthy


                                              🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars

Summary: 
What do you do when your boyfriend of five years is sleeping with your best friend and you’re in a dead-end job, breaking your back for mere pennies? I’ll tell you what I did. I did the one thing I’ve been dreading for the last thirteen years, I finally went home. I needed to get back on my feet and I needed my Grams. As much as I wanted to pretend life was working for me, it wasn’t.

The problem with home though is that everywhere I turn, her ghosts were haunting me.
Crazy, crazy, crazy, just like her, just like my momma.
I wanted to pretend that crazy didn't exist, but it was all around me, trying to do its best to pull me under.

There’s one problem with that, Keenan Rys. He’s determined not to let it. And I’m determined to keep him away.

I can honestly say that I've never read a book quite like this. If you read the comments from the author at the back of the book, the realism of the book makes more sense. She had gone through things similar to the main character in the book. It added a depth of emotion to the book that I don't think would have otherwise been there had she not been able to pull from her own memories. 

 This book really makes you think about what a person with mental illness and addiction go through as well as the people in their families go through. My favorites parts of this book were when Maple is remembering her mother. 

I would have rated the book higher if it would have focused more on Maple and her family. I had a hard time connecting with the other parts of the book. It seemed like the other things that were going on in the book weren't necessary. I'm not sure why the book dwelled on how one of the characters cheated on Maple and it destroyed her friendship with someone else. It wasn't pertinent to the story. 







No comments:

Post a Comment