Thursday, February 23, 2017

Needing to Fall by Ryan Michele



                                                🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟stars

Summary:
Have you ever sunk inside yourself to a place of darkness so deep you couldn’t see the light? Had no hope? Felt completely alone in a world filled with so many people?

I have. I’ve lived it, breathed it. 

Why?

Because life hated me. 

It disliked me from the moment of conception, despised me when I was born, loathed me when I bounced from each foster home, and kicked me in the gut when I watched the one thing that meant everything to me leave. 

For years, I drifted, unable to find my footing, never knowing what the word stable meant. Then a single moment in time rocked me to my core, changing me and making that solid ground I so desperately craved crumble at my feet, causing me to fall farther than I’d ever imagined. 

The darkness of the swirling tornado that is depression captured me, pulling me down to its depths, drowning me, suffocating me, owning me.

A depth so deep, I didn’t think I’d survive and didn’t care if I did. I only wanted peace. I wanted the pain to disappear. I wanted to be … free. 

Needing to fall into the cyclone of darkness was the only way I could find the light.


This book hooked me from the first sentence! I had to know more! I had to read more. I wanted to know why Reign felt so hopeless. The author produced so much emotion and power with the way that she weaved her words. 

I felt like I understood the characters and where they were coming from. The way that the author portrayed disorders and the way that they affect the person and those around them was realistic. There wasn't anything that was sugarcoated in the book and I appreciated the realism of it. 

I loved Reign and the power and strength that emanated from within her. I realize that throughout a large portion of the story she is struggling with her issues but I could tell that she had strength because of going through everything that she did. 

The only issue that I have with this book is the plot twist regarding someone from Reign's past. I thought that it was a bit far fetched which made it hard to be immersed in the story. I also felt that the ending was a bit off. A lot of questions are answered one after another towards the end of the book which didn't sit well with me. It makes me feel as if it was rushed. I like those types of things to be spread out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment