Saturday, January 6, 2018

Three Blind Dates by Meghan Quinn

🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis:
"Good Morning Malibu, it’s another beautiful day on the west coast! I'm Noely Clark, your host: and I'm in the market for love…”

When the publicity team of the new local restaurant, Going in Blind, began their search for a hot, local celebrity to promote the wildly popular eatery, they couldn’t have found a better person than me.

Outgoing? Check.
Single? Check.
Open to finding love? Check.

I signed up immediately.

A hopeless romantic with an exceedingly demanding schedule, I've found it impossible to find the man of my dreams—so Going in Blind seems too good to be true! That’s until they start setting me up on dates—three very different, very attractive, very distinct blind dates—and only one thing is for certain . . .
I’m in big trouble.

Good Morning Malibu,
I'm Noely Clark, and I have a choice to make.
The question is who will I choose; the suit, the rebel, or the jock.

I have read and loved other books that Meghan Quinn has written so I knew without even reading the blurb for this one that I wanted to read it. Having said that, the blurb did intrigue me considering I love the movie You've Got Mail. I was interested in seeing how the author would take that idea and write a story inspired by it.
I love Meghan Quinn's particular brand of humor! I feel like she understands how to inject humor appropriately into situations between people, within family units, and with the main character themselves. I find that I particularly enjoy the comedy that she puts in her novels when family members are interacting with each other. It feels so realistic that it seems like she may have experienced some of the conversations/situations within her own family. I love how she is able to balance romance with the comedy with neither overpowering the other and without the humor being too smutty or overly sexual in nature.
I feel like the book focused too much on You've Got Mail. It was talked about constantly which got old pretty fast.I also thought that it leaned a bit too much towards the plot of the movie. I wanted to see her take the idea and put a twist on it which she did but I feel that she could have gone further with it. I liked the characters and found Noely to be vulnerable but feisty in her personality as well as her pursuit of love. I really felt for her and what she was going through in her dating life. I think that we have all, at some point, hit a dating rut. It can be frustrating! I found two of the three men that she went on blind dates with to be a bit bland but the author did manage to make them all very different. I liked how she didn't take the typical approach with stereotypes as far as businessmen, jocks, and rebels go. The rebel had a bit of a softer side and the jock was more of a boy next door. I also liked how the author made the businessman have a life rather than being wrapped up in his work.
The progression of the story was well done with the pacing being just right. I wasn't sure how the author was going to go about having Noely date three men. I thought that it was interesting how she had her move from one man to the next rather than dating them all in the same time period.






No comments:

Post a Comment