Thursday, August 31, 2017

The Bunker Diary by Kevin Brooks

                                                            🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis:
I can't believe I fell for it.

It was still dark when I woke up this morning.

As soon as my eyes opened I knew where I was.

A low-ceilinged rectangular building made entirely of whitewashed concrete.

There are six little rooms along the main corridor.

There are no windows. No doors. The elevator is the only way in or out.

What's he going to do to me?

What am I going to do?


People are really quite simple, and they have simple needs. Food, water, light, space, privacy. Maybe a small measure of dignity. A bit of freedom. What happens when someone simply takes all that away?


This book was just ok for me. The only character that we know enough about is Linus because we are in his head for the whole book. He was the only character that I was able to connect with because of this. I couldn't connect to the story. It felt like I was reading it instead of becoming a pat of it if that makes sense. It seemed like the author had plenty of good ideas going into writing this book but it didn't cohesively come together. I was left feeling unsatisfied with the book. No answers are ever given as to why these particular people were kidnapped or why. I ended up having more questions regarding the book than answers which made me frustrated. I also have to agree with the other reviews of this book when people are saying that the ending is not satisfying or that they hated it. I was left feeling very disturbed, with a bad taste in my mouth.


3 comments:

  1. Is there a sequel that could help answer questions? I hate books and movies that leave you feeling yucky. Why can't they resolve it!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There isn't a sequel as far as I know and agreed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. This one sounds way too depressing for me. And I need answers.

    ReplyDelete