Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Remember Me by Romily Bernard

                                            🌟🌟🌟🌗 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

 Synopsis:
In this edge-of-your-seat thrilling sequel to Find Me, Wick Tate, sarcastic teen hacker, is back. Wick had thought her troubles were over. But she should’ve known better.
Now, Wick is once again dealing with criminals and corrupt cops . . . and a brooding new love interest.
The pressure might be too much, as secrets—including Wick’s own—climb to the surface. Will Wick persevere like she has before?

This book was different from the first one in the sense that it was much darker. Over the course of the book the author shows what lengths Wick is willing to go to to protect the people that she loves and also to find the truth.  I can understand why the next book is called Trust Me because at the end of this book I'm not sure who she should trust either.I do have a few observations though. 
I know that I question Milo's motives. Frankly, I don't trust what he says about 80% of the time. I'm not sure that he really likes Wick. I think he likes the power that she represents. We don't really see much of Griff in this book but I like his actions in this because it's easy to tell he is a good person who cares about Wick. Carson is still Carson which means that I hate him like usual but I'm left wondering about what information he hasn't told Wick by the end of the book. I wish Bren would get a clue and stop trying to act like a Disney character. She really angered me in this one. Who tells someone that was beat up to try harder to get along with them and do what they want!?!
I'm not sure how I feel about Wick in this one. I think I'm starting to dislike her. I understood why she did the things that she did in this book but it made me feel like I didn't know her anymore. Her actions have me questioning if she is really hacking in order to protect people or if she wants to hurt people. I feels like she spends so much time protecting everyone around her that she forgets to protect herself not just from outside forces but from the darker side of herself. 
I thought that the plot of the book was good but it was hard to follow at times. I wasn't sure where the author was going with it and I'm honestly still not sure that it makes sense to me. The killer and the killer's motives made partial sense to me. I'm not sure if Romily Bernard was trying to make the killer less obvious in this book in order to improve on the first book but I'm not sure that it worked out for her. Plus, the most important points about it didn't come to light until the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment