Tuesday, August 1, 2017

False Memory by Dan Krokos

                                                    🌟🌟🌗 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis:
Miranda wakes up alone on a park bench with no memory. In her panic, she releases a mysterious energy that incites pure terror in everyone around her. Except Peter, a boy who isn''t at all surprised by Miranda''s shocking ability. Left with no choice but to trust this stranger, Miranda discovers she was trained to be a weapon and is part of an elite force of genetically-altered teens who possess flawless combat skills and powers strong enough to destroy a city. But adjusting to her old life isn''t easy—especially with Noah, the boyfriend she can''t remember loving. Then Miranda uncovers a dark truth that sets her team on the run. Suddenly her past doesn''t seem to matter...when there may not be a future.

I think that this book had a good idea behind it but I don't think that it was executed as well as it could have been. I thought that the powers that Miranda and the others had were unique. I have never read a book where the main character releases energy that incites a fight or flight response in "normal" people. Although the whole genetically engineered people who a team of scientists want to create to do their bidding is not a new idea I was not opposed to it because it made sense in this context. However, I don't think that certain elements needed to be added to the story. 
The only thing that I keep thinking is that the book was so convoluted. Why did the author choose to reveal things that made no sense? I know that I am probably making no sense but I can't really explain what I mean without spoiling the book. Let's just say that the title is appropriate because I have no idea who is who and my head starts to hurt when I attempt to figure it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment