Monday, May 22, 2017

Who Needs Air by Cassie Graham

                                                    🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis: 
They fell in love at thirteen.
He wrote a book about it at twenty.
She watched him walk away at twenty-three.
And he made the New York Times Best Sellers list at twenty-four.

Campbell ‘Cam’ Potter stood idly by as August Wyatt took over the world one word at a time. Chapter by chapter, people fell in love with the story he created – the events she lived. And now the book was being made into a movie, it was only a matter of time before August was back in their small hometown in Georgia.

The problem was, when August left five years ago, Cam made a promise to herself. The ending in his book would be the conclusion to their story. There was no sequel, no second chance, no possibility of ever seeing him again. He obliterated her heart and she was determined to never let it happen again.

That is, until Cam gets a late night text from the heartbreaker himself.
New chapters are written, fresh storylines are explored and Cam and August find a familiarity in one another.


I love the cover and the title of the book but I'm still not sure how either one fits with the story. Based on what I just read a better title might be who needs water because it is repeatedly said that Cam is August's air. I love how abstract the cover is but it seems like it is portraying two sides to the same woman which I don't feel that I saw in the book. I could also be over-analyzing it. Haha!

The book was good but I didn't connect with it the way that I wanted to. The characters were good and the story seemed to have a good timeline to it but something felt off about it for me. It could be that Colleen Hoover wrote a similar book entitled November 9 or that the conflict between the main characters has been done before in other books in the same genre. 

I didn't understand the motivations of the characters' actions if they claimed to be in love with each other enough to get married. Why did August leave in the first place? Was it part of his contract for the book to relocate to New York? I could have missed that when I was reading. Secondly, when their world/relationship is blown apart again, why aren't they communicating instead of drifting apart again?!? I found their decisions incredibly frustrating at times throughout the book! 



No comments:

Post a Comment