Sunday, May 28, 2017

Too Much by Ella Miles


                                               🌟🌟🌟 1/2 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Synopsis: 
A romance that starts at the end, and ends at the beginning.

He's not coming.
He promised.
He swore.
He said he would always be here for me.
Except this time, when I really need him to be here, he isn't.
He isn't f**king here.

Quinn met Hunter five years ago at age eighteen. It wasn't love at first sight. In fact, it was the complete opposite. But they did make a promise that day. If times ever got sh**ty again, all either of them had to do was text each other for help. For five years, they had always been there for each other until...they weren't.


I thought that the author chose an interesting way of showing the passage of time in the book. The book was backwards and ended with the present. I haven't read a book quite like it before. Usually, authors will just use flashbacks once in a while to explain a characters actions.
I'm not sure that I liked either one of the main characters. I found it hard to connect with them because I didn't find them relatable. Too much was a solid book and a good story. I found it to be frustrating because I didn't really receive any answers until the end. It was a bit of a slow burn in that way. It also felt a bit fractured and I would have to review certain parts of the book before continuing on because I would get confused.
I would still recommend it simply for the creative way that it was written and how it is so different from other books out there right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment