Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Slip of the Tongue by Jessica Hawkins




                                              🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis: 
Sadie Hunt isn’t perfect—but her husband is. Nathan Hunt has her coffee waiting every morning. He holds her hand until the last second. He worships the Manhattan sidewalk she walks on. Until one day, he just…stops. And Sadie finds herself in the last place she ever expected to be. Lonely in her marriage.

When rugged and sexy Finn Cohen moves into the apartment across the hall, he and Sadie share an immediate spark. Finn reveals dreams for a different life. Sadie wants to save her marriage. Their secrets should keep them apart, not ignite a blistering affair. But while Sadie’s marriage runs colder by the day, she and Finn burn hotter.

Her husband doesn’t want her anymore. The man next door would give up everything to have her.

Slip of the Tongue is a stand alone forbidden romance. Please note it contains adultery themes that may be triggers for some people.


This book was difficult for me to read. I had to continuously take breaks while I was reading it because not only was the relationship between Sadie and her husband painful to read but also the relationship between Sadie and Finn seemed inappropriate and wrong to me. However, I found myself sympathizing with Sadie and wanting her to be happy with her life. It seemed like Finn made her happy which made me feel conflicted as I read it. I had already read another book that of the author's that has ties to this one so I already guessed how this book would end. I was still able to enjoy it though. 

I didn't fall in love with any of the characters like I would with other books but I think that made me appreciate it more. All of the characters in this book were flawed  in such a way that I wasn't really sure that I was rooting for anyone. I wanted the conflicts to be resolved so that different characters could have closure. I thought that Nathan's actions were suspicious during the majority of the book so I wasn't able to call him innocent in everything that happened over the course of the book or root for him either.

 It was an interesting book and very different from other things that I have read. I feel that I was able to understand why the characters made the choices that they did even if I felt that they made poor ones. I have read other books that involve cheating and this was not the case. In those books, it seemed as if the characters had an extreme case of lust and "can't keep it in their pants syndrome".  

This book is a lot to take in and it makes you think about the topic of marriage and the things that might need to be worked on in your own relationship. To be honest, I'm still digesting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment