Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Roots and Wings by M. Mabie

                                                   🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis: 

Welcome to Wynne, population 3,401.

No billionaires. No professional athletes. No celebrities.

In this small town, current events are pondered in mirrors at the local salon or around crowded tables at the diner, and there’s a new couple to gossip about. A rough and tumble woman who works in her dad’s garage, not yet ready to spread her wings, shows the new guy in town what it’s like to finally have roots.

It’s your run-of-the-mill, sexy, Astro van driving dentist meets smart-ass, bass fishing tomboy in a story of real-life romance.

Low on drama. High on love.

Pull up a chair and stay a while.

So...I'm not going to lie. I saw this cover combined with the title of the book and it immediately got my attention. Then I read the synopsis and thought that the idea of a dentist and a tomboy sounded odd enough that I had to read it to see what would happen.
This book was fine. It was a cute story with little to no drama as stated in the synopsis of the book. While I appreciated that, it began to get boring after a little while. There wasn't really anything happening other than the relationship between the two main characters progressing. I thought that this book would have been more unique considering the fact that Mutt was a tomboy. While she was an interesting character, this was not the case.
I did feel that the chemistry between the main characters was written well. I could feel the tension between the characters at certain points in the book.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment