Friday, May 5, 2017

The Fabulist by Dawn L. Chiletz

                                               🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


Synopsis:
Fabulist (fabyələst): a liar, especially a person who invents elaborate, dishonest stories

After losing her job and her apartment, Samantha Wittaker takes a leap of faith when she tries out for The Fabulist, a new reality TV show promising a prize well worth the risk. Her sexy, tough as nails personality attracts more than just the attention of the producers. She also catches the eye of a couple of contestants as well as a hot, challenging cameraman.

The twists and turns of reality TV are like nothing she ever even imagined. Deception, danger, love and lust lurk at every turn. 

Sometimes people lie. They lie to save themselves or to cover a truth. They lie to protect feelings or to protect hearts. 

Not all lies are bad. Or are they?

Can Sam play the game or will the game play her?


I've never read a book that had to do with reality TV before...definitely not about a show that involves people who believe that they have the talent to see through lies that people tell them. I thought that the TV show in the book was interesting and something that I might actually watch. I don't particularly like reality TV shows but it interested me. I'm always looking to read books that are different from everything else that is out there and this book seemed to fit the bill.

I thought it was interesting that Sam felt the same way that I do about reality TV in that it is staged. I respected her as a character because she felt about things and made decisions that I thought were well thought out. She did tend to overreact at times but the majority of the time she appeared to be level headed. I loved that Sam didn't want to be the instigator of drama for the show. 

I wasn't surprised about who ended up being the fabulist. I called it as soon as the character was introduced. I saw through the trickery and lies that attempted to distract from who it was.I didn't mind that it was obvious because the story line more than made up for it.

I felt that there was unnecessary drama added to the relationship between Hogan and Sam. I understood it at times but others times as I was reading I was thinking "is this necessary when there is already something else happening?!? It was the only thing that bothered me about the book. I loved everything else about it and would encourage anyone to read it because it is a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment