Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Opposite of You by Rachel Higginson


                                             🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
I knew when I immediately began reading this novel again the morning after I finished it the first time that I would have to give this book five stars! I loved every page of it!

It had everything on my checklist for a great book! The chemistry between Killian and Vera leapt off of the page from the first moment that they meet each other. The author was able to pull me in with that alone. She continued to add dept to the chemistry by helping the reader learn more about each character as they learned about each other during the book.

The characters were realistically flawed but both grew and changed as the story went on. There was a natural progression to the story which provided a good flow. There was never a point where I felt that the story lagged or was rushed. I also appreciated the fact that there was no unnecessary drama added to the story in order to progress the story nor was there any confusing plot points.

I'm not going to lie. I hated Killian in the beginning because he seemed like a huge jerk. He was rude and arrogant. I hated how he treated Vera because as the reader I knew more about her background than he did. I didn't want anyone to hurt her in any way and I wanted her to succeed in her goals. I kind of wanted him to be hit by a bus after he interacted with her in ways I didn't approve of!!! As the story progressed, I saw that there was more to him than met the eye. He could still be a jerk but he could also be kind and decent. I could appreciate what the author did with this character. He never completely changed but he had more depth as the story went on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment