Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse #2) by Charlaine Harris

๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ out of๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse is having a streak of bad luck. First her co-worker is killed, and no one seems to care. Then she comes face to-face with a beastly creature that gives her a painful and poisonous lashing. Enter the vampires, who graciously suck the poison from her veins (like they didn't enjoy it).

The point is: they saved her life. So when one of the bloodsuckers asks for a favor, she obliges - and soon Sookie's in Dallas, using her telepathic skills to search for a missing vampire. She's supposed to interview certain humans involved, but she makes one condition: the vampires must promise to behave and let the humans go unharmed. But that's easier said than done, and all it takes is one delicious blonde and one small mistake for things to turn deadly....

I am loving this series so far! This story was just as good as the last book with the exception of the author separating the book into two story-lines to follow. I thought that was interesting way to go about it. It was interesting to be able to see the vampires issues and the human issues separated out. I enjoyed getting to see the differences in interactions with Sookie in each because on the one hand she was respected for her abilities/help and in the other arena she was criticized and belittled when she provided aid to others. 
I am hoping that there will be more of Eric in the next book because he interests me. I want to learn more about his past and how he came to be a vampire. I'm not going to lie...I'm shipping Sookie and Eric. I find Bill to be boring and he doesn't seem to really care about her. I know that Eric has his own secrets and motivations but he is a more exciting character. I feel like there is good in him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment