Wednesday, February 6, 2019

4:50 from Paddington (Miss Marple #8) by Agatha Christie

🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Elspeth McGillicuddy is not given to hallucinations. Until she witnesses a murder at Paddington Station. But did she? No victim, no suspect, no other witnesses. In fact no one believes it really happened at all. Except her friend Miss Jane Marple, and she's returning to the scene of the crime to discover just exactly what Mrs. McGillicuddy saw.

Also published as: What Mrs. McGillicuddy Saw

I didn't end up enjoying this book as much as the other Agatha Christie novels that I have read. I think that the characters in 4:50 From Paddington left something to be desired. I found them to be less exciting than past characters from her stories. This made the story harder to pay attention to and to enjoy. I also thought that the actual story was a bit bland as well. It was well written and a good murder mystery but it was just lackluster. 

1 comment: