Monday, February 4, 2019

Bridge To Terabithia by Katherine Paterson

🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Bridge to teribithia, best book ever talked about Terebithia was a magical land which took shape after Leslie Burke moved to yet another school where she didn't fit in. Prettier than the popular cheerleaders, but too different to be accepted, she'd had to live in a fantasy world all ehr own as no one had ever had the time to listen. She was harassed by the nasty girls who would turn into people like the agitator at the last movie. She observed that her neighbor was treated badly by the bullies on the playground and on their school bus. She sat beside him so they'd leave him alone.

I wasn't a huge fan of this book. The characters all seem bland and uninteresting. I couldn't get into it and I was glad that it was such a short book. Not my cup of tea. I thought that when I didn't like the movie that the book would be better but this was a case of hating both of them. I didn't really care about anything that was happening with any of the characters with the exception of wanting Jess's dad to interact with him more and the ending. I'm not heartless. I thought that the ending was sad but I don't feel that the book was long enough for me to have forged enough of a connection to be as brokenhearted as I probably should have been. Otherwise, I didn't really see the point to the book. I didn't understand why it got awards when I had to fight to get through reading it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment