Monday, June 26, 2017

Shadows (Ashes Trilogy #2) by Ilsa J. Bick

                                              🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis:
The Apocalypse does not end. The Changed will grow in numbers. The Spared may not survive. Even before the EMPs brought down the world, Alex was on the run from the demons of her past and the monster living in her head. After the world was gone, she believed Rule could be a sanctuary for her and those she'd come to love. But she was wrong.

Now Alex is in the fight of her life against the adults, who would use her, the survivors, who don't trust her, and the Changed, who would eat her alive. Welcome to Shadows, the second book in the haunting apocalyptic Ashes Trilogy: where no one is safe and humans may be the worst of the monsters.

I think that this book is even better than the first with one exception. There are way to many points of view!  I don't understand why the author felt the need to have so many people talk about their journeys when I was used to hearing only Alex's voice in the first book. Honestly, I don't give a crap about Lena. She annoys me and I don't feel any connection to her whatsoever. There were other characters that were interesting to hear from but I found myself confused about whose point of view I was reading about many times. I had to look back and remind myself who it was before I could continue reading the book. It would have been easier and more satisfying to only have Alex's point of view during the book. 

I thought that everything else was done well. The action and tension were taken up a notch and everyone is fighting for their lives in different ways due to their specific situations that they find themselves in. I have a feeling that the new characters we met along with others are going to clash and we are going to have an epic battle on our hands! 

No comments:

Post a Comment