Thursday, June 8, 2017

180 Seconds by Jessica Park

                                            🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Synopsis:
Some people live their entire lives without changing their perspective. For Allison Dennis, all it takes is 180 seconds…

After a life spent bouncing from one foster home to the next, Allison is determined to keep others at arm’s length. Adopted at sixteen, she knows better than to believe in the permanence of anything. But as she begins her third year in college, she finds it increasingly difficult to disappear into the white noise pouring from her earbuds.

One unsuspecting afternoon, Allison is roped into a social experiment just off campus. Suddenly, she finds herself in front of a crowd, forced to interact with a complete stranger for 180 seconds. Neither she, nor Esben Baylor, the dreamy social media star seated opposite her, is prepared for the outcome.

When time is called, the intensity of the experience overwhelms Allison and Esben in a way that unnerves and electrifies them both. With a push from her oldest friend, Allison embarks on a journey to find out if what she and Esben shared is the real thing—and if she can finally trust in herself, in others, and in love.


There are no words!!! I loved everything about this book! Jessica Park is a favorite of mine because she has this ability to write characters that jump off of the page centered around plots that are so refreshingly unique! I definitely have a bit of a book hangover after reading 180 Seconds!
I found it so interesting that the whole story begins with a social experiment and centers around it in some way, shape, or form. It was a refreshing way to tell a story combined with the social media aspect that came with the character of Esben. I love how this particular author uses social media in her books to further plot and help readers further understand the characters. It is easier to understand the type of person that Esben is while reading about his time as a social media star. He was a beautiful character and I loved how he wanted to focus on and encourage postivity in the world. It was wonderful to see a character that was genuinely good and trying to make the world a better place.
I loved all the characters in this book but I have to say that Allison was my favorite character. I related to her on a deep level because I saw commonalities between her and myself. I could understand why she kept those around her at arm's length. She didn't want to get attached only to risk getting hurt when she didn't meet the expectations of others. I saw the beauty in her when she is first introduced in the book and my love for her grew the more I came to know about her as the book progressed. 
The 180 second social experiment that Allison gets roped into in the beginning of the book has got to be my favorite part of the book! I love the progression that happens and the emotions that Esben and Allison each show along with the reactions of each of them in turn.
What an amazing story with so many amazing messages throughout! I devoured the words from start to finish! This is a book that helps you to see that there is good in the world but also trial and sadness. It reminds you that even when you have gone through pain, like the characters in the story you have the strength to get back up and decide what to do moving forward. This book broke my heart and mended it again so many times in the best way. I was devastated when I reached the end because I wanted to read more. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment