Monday, June 26, 2017

Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick

                                           🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis: 
It could happen tomorrow . . .

An electromagnetic pulse flashes across the sky, destroying every electronic device, wiping out every computerized system, and killing billions.
Alex hiked into the woods to say good-bye to her dead parents and her personal demons. Now desperate to find out what happened after the pulse crushes her to the ground, Alex meets up with Tom—a young soldier—and Ellie, a girl whose grandfather was killed by the EMP.

For this improvised family and the others who are spared, it’s now a question of who can be trusted and who is no longer human.

Author Ilsa J. Bick crafts a terrifying and thrilling novel about a world that could be ours at any moment, where those left standing must learn what it means not just to survive, but to live amidst the devastation.

Gripped me from beginning to end – dark, creepy and suspenseful.  James Dashner,
New York Times Best-Selling author of The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials       
             
This book is what I have been looking for! I wanted to read something with action that I could really sink my teeth into much like the changed in this book do. Haha! 

I loved Alex! She is the kind of heroine that I want to read about. She was strong yet vulnerable. She didn't always know what to do or how to go about things but she never stopped trying. After reading the reviews, it seems like people didn't appreciate the change in her at about the halfway point because it changed the tone of the story. I think I can understand where the author is coming from though. Alex is terrified! He entire world has changed and she is attempting to adapt to it the best way that she can. After fighting through tragedy and now the new dangers that surround her, she had to have been exhausted. Everyone gets tired of fighting and I believe that is what happened to her. 

I'm not sure that I loved how long the book focused on this but I was able to understand because the next book seems to be the one where readers get a lot of questions answered. This book was laying the ground work for the next one and it couldn't do that unless readers were able to understand the different factions of people in the world now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment