Saturday, June 17, 2017

Mind Games by Kiersten White


                                          🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis: 
Fia and Annie are as close as two sisters can be. They look out for each other. Protect each other. And most importantly, they keep each other's secrets, even the most dangerous ones: Annie is blind, but can see visions of the future; Fia was born with flawless intuition—her first impulse is always exactly right.

When the sisters are offered a place at an elite boarding school, Fia realizes that something is wrong . . . but she doesn't grasp just how wrong. The Keane Institute is no ordinary school, and Fia is soon used for everything from picking stocks to planting bombs. If she tries to refuse, they threaten her with Annie's life.

Now Fia's falling in love with a boy who has dark secrets of his own. And with his help, she's ready to fight back. They stole her past. They control her present. But she won't let them take her future.


I think that this book might be misunderstood. There are a lot of books that center around a person at a school/academy/private institution and how that school turns out to be a horrible place where terrible things are done to people or the students are trained to do terrible things. This book might sound like it is one of those books from the synopsis but I have to say that it is better. It is reminiscent of those types of plots but I also believe that it blows them all away! 

Mind Games is the perfect title for this book because it seems like every single character is playing some sort of mind game. I loved it! It felt like a thriller and I love the darkness and psychological games that come with that type of genre. 

The main character, Fia, reminds me a lot of Katniss Everdeen and Black Widow combined. I loved her! She is tortured character but also processes so much strength and love despite what the Keane Institute has forced her to do. I appreciated the fact that the author didn't gloss over or sugarcoat the things that she had to do for the institute or how it changed her as a person. I enjoyed the character of Annie as well but I connected with Fia more. Annie was very naive even though she was the older of the two girls. I did grow to like her more as the book progressed though.

I thought that the plot was interesting and the pacing in the book was spot on. I felt like I was dumped right into the action and it kept coming up until the end of the book. My only issue with the book was that I still have some unanswered questions. I still don't really understand how the institute came to be or what Keane's end game is. I feel like some things could have been explained better regarding the plot but overall I enjoyed the book and look forward to reading the next one. 









No comments:

Post a Comment