Sunday, March 25, 2018

Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis:
The queen has returned.

Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she’s at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past…

She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die for her. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen’s triumphant return.

The fourth volume in the New York Times bestselling series continues Celaena’s epic journey and builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.
 


Queen of Shadows is easily my favorite book of the series so far! This book was packed with action and betrayal from the beginning and it didn't let up for even a second! There were characters that surprised me and also shocking plot twists that I didn't see coming. Queen of Shadows put me on a roller coaster of emotion because there were times when I wanted to scream and others when I wanted to cry. 
Aelin is still a bada$$ that can kick butt with a hand tied behind her back. I loved the cleverness of the traps that she set for her enemies and how she was able to easily slide into her assassin self at will when she needed to. She begins to establish more of her court in this book which she already began with Rowan in the last book. I have to say that I like all of the editions that she has made in that regard. She also faces her enemies again and makes new ones as is her style. 
Arobynn is back in this book and is still such a smug little worm! He thinks that he can get away with anything as if he is king of the world. I really wanted someone to punch him in the face. I was satisfied with what happens with him in the book. Of course this means that 
Lysandra is in Queen of Shadows because she is never far from Arobynn's side. I had always disliked her so it surprised me how much I grew to love her as a character. She wasn't at all who I thought that she was. I felt guilty not liking her after I learned her backstory. 
I had a love/hate relationship with Chaol because he was such an idiot for the majority of this book. He believes that the blame for everything rests solely on Aelin's shoulders when she is just trying to right wrongs and defend herself and her kingdom. He seems to eventually wise up so I'm okay with him for now. I LOVED Dorian! (not in the beginning of the book) He finally grows some huevos and uses his power. He is turning out to be a bada$$ in his own right. I'm excited to see what will happen with him in the next book.  I'm so frustrated with the type of relationship that seems to be developing between Aelin and Rowan. I wanted them to be friends and soldiers in arms. I didn't need or want there to be more to it than that. It's not that I don't like Rowan but I feel that they are too similar and he is immortal. I'm coming around to it but it still bugs me a little. 
There were so many details and reveals to take in with this book. It was almost an information overload. Someone already revealed to me that everything that could possible so wrong does in the next book so I had that in the back of my mind while I was reading Queen of Shadows. I have already guessed the many things that could take a turn for the worse. I think that is why so many plans go well in this book. Sarah J. Maas wanted to give readers a satisfying book where things so well before ripping out hearts out in the next one. 




1 comment:

  1. I loved this book, and I liked how it ended. I haven't read the next one, but I own it. I'm scared!

    ReplyDelete