Tuesday, October 17, 2017

With Visions of Red (With Visions of Red: Broken Bonds #2) by Trisha Wolfe

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis: 
The UNSUB has made contact.

After a rapid string of grisly murders shakes the usually peaceful city of Arlington, Virginia, the sadistic killings of young women lull into a deceptive calm. Agent Sadie Bonds knows the terror isn’t over; serial killers don’t stop until caught.

And this sadist has targeted the profiler, revealing pieces of her dark past and weaving her secrets into each gruesome crime scene. Is the killer someone from Sadie’s past, her present? Or is he part of a fated future she brought on herself? The answer lies within the riddle of the copycat killings, ones mimicked after the infamous Blood Countess.

As tension brews in the department awaiting the UNSUB’s next move, Sadie’s more than on edge—her deviant cravings for the possible perpetrator have ratcheted out of control. She needs the feel of Colton’s ropes binding her, sheltering her from stark reality.

Only Colton Reed has his own twisted secrets that threaten to unravel not only Sadie as they come to light, but the UNSUB’s carefully constructed web now entangling both the profiler and her sexy bondage rigger.

It has been a little while since I read the first book but I was reminded of how good the first one was after I read this one! This second installment rackets up the tension and mystery surrounding the UNSUB. Trisha Wolfe makes me so angry-happy! She is so good at shrouding the UNSUB in mystery that I have no idea who he is. I keep having guesses and becoming frustrated when they seem to be wrong. I honestly have no idea but I HAVE to know!

My love for the character of Sadie continues to grow. She is my hero! She is so strong, determined, and skilled but also fallible and vulnerable in this sequel. I love how she continues to grow throughout the books. I appreciated the fact that the author made her hesitant to trust Colton because it showed that she wasn't blindly trusting him.

Colton's secret is revealed in this one and I didn't think that it was as obvious as other readers have made it out to be. Although, as I've said it has been a while for me in between books so I can't be sure. I feel that his secret is controversial and I don't think that it makes him a bad person per say. He was doing what he did out of love even though they say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.


No comments:

Post a Comment