Thursday, October 26, 2017

The Doll House by Phoebe Morgan

🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
 
Synopsis:
You never know who’s watching…

Corinne’s life might look perfect on the outside, but after three failed IVF attempts it’s her last chance to have a baby. And when she finds a tiny part of a doll house outside her flat, it feels as if it’s a sign.

But as more pieces begin to turn up, Corinne realises that they are far too familiar. Someone knows about the miniature rocking horse and the little doll with its red velvet dress. Someone has been inside her house…

How does the stranger know so much about her life? How long have they been watching? And what are they waiting for…?

I thought that this book was well thought out. It seemed as if the author went in with plot that was very well outlined because each event leads to another like a perfectly put together puzzle. My problem with the book was the plot. It felt like a paint by numbers thriller. There wasn't really anything new. It reminded me a bit of the movie Single White Female with the exception of attempting to take over someone else's life by looking and acting like the subject of obsession. I kept hoping that there would be something that I wouldn't be able to predict but everything was fairly obvious.



 

2 comments:

  1. That’s too bad. The cover of this one had me interested but your review changed my mind.

    ReplyDelete