Sunday, October 29, 2017

My Best Friend's Ex by Meghan Quinn

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Synopsis:
When I found an eviction notice taped on my apartment door, I had two options: find a comfortable cardboard box to call home, or move in with Tucker Jameson.

Seeing that cardboard makes me feel itchy, I chose the latter. Which shouldn't be that big of a deal since Tucker is one of my good friends. And because he's still pining after his ex-girlfriend and I'm trying to finish my nursing degree, there is nothing to worry about in the romance department, making my last semester an easy one to conquer.

Boy, was I wrong.

Rules are set, dinners are made, conversations are had, and a shirtless, swoony roommate walks around in nothing but a pair of black briefs, ruining me for every other man.

Before I know it, I turn into a panting, lust-filled woman begging for Tucker to kiss me, touch me, and show me exactly what is hiding under those briefs.

But with great orgasms, comes great consequences.

Tucker might be my friend and roommate but he’s also my best friend's ex-boyfriend, making him completely off-limits. At least that's what my brain is telling me, my heart is speaking an entirely different language.
I loved this book! Meghan Quinn really has a way with comedy as well as working it into a romance story seamlessly. She had already impressed me with a few of her other books and this one is no exception. It had so many laugh out loud moments and the romance was beautifully done. 
The main characters are both sweet and caring towards each other. I wanted nothing more than for both of them to be happy. Tucker had had a rough go of things and was still attempting to cope with the fallout. It is clear from the beginning of the story that he has a long way to go before he will be able to move on with his life. Emma is also dealing with things at the start of the book. When Emma runs into Tucker at a bar and her friend blurts out that she needs somewhere to stay, Tucker graciously offers for her to stay with him. It was clear from the start that Emma is a vary caring person that puts the needs of others above her own. Tucker also seems to be this way but both are struggling with the loneliness that comes from not having a significant other. Emma seems to have no luck in that department and Tucker has had a bad break-up. They begin to heal each other as the story progresses with Emma making Tucker laugh again and Tucker helping Emma to loosen up/not constantly study for her nursing program. 
I loved the way that the romance progresses because it has a natural flow to it. It is clear to see that they care for each other from the start but they are not automatically professing their undying love for each other. Their personalities compliment each other and they have a very playful and loving relationship.


1 comment:

  1. I need happy fluffy books like this sometimes. I will have to keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete