Monday, July 23, 2018

Church. (Church, #1) by Stylo Fantome

🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

A broken girl.

An unusual boy.

A beautiful face that hides a dark secret and an ugly past.

Sealed lips which hide wicked words and dangerous thoughts.

She would kill for him to love her.

He just wants to kill.

Maybe, if Emma Hartley prays hard enough, Church Logan can make both their wishes come true.

Fuse, meet match.

warning: if you have triggers - this story will touch on a lot of them. This book is a psychological thriller, 65,000+ words. 

I bought this book on a whim when I was looking through new books and stumbled onto a review of this book. The tagline and the synopsis of the book hooked me right away and I had to read it. I love novels that are dark in nature especially if the characters are unusual. Church was definitely an unusual character and diving into his mind was an interesting experience. I was happy that the author chose to have his point of view in the book although I would have liked to have had his point of view more often. I also liked Emma because she was a tough girl who tried to push the world away in a sense, It never gave her any favors. She had been treated poorly in her life and was still suffering the consequences of the actions of others on her life. There were times when I wasn't sure who was coming out on top in the battle of manipulation and wills between the two of these characters but I enjoyed the ride. It is a psychological thriller for sure and the author did a fantastic job of showing the decent of both of these characters into their darker selves. This is definitely not a love story so if you are looking for that you will be disappointed. This story focuses more on what it takes to push someone over the edge and obsession.  I'm excited for the second book and hope to explore each of the characters even more. I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last or the worst of them yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment