Sunday, November 26, 2017

Wires and Nerve, Volume 1 (Wires and Nerve #1)

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
 
Synopsis:
When rogue packs of wolf-hybrid soldiers threaten the tenuous peace alliance between Earth and Luna, Iko takes it upon herself to hunt down the soldiers' leader. She is soon working with a handsome royal guard who forces her to question everything she knows about love, loyalty, and her own humanity. With appearances by Cinder and the rest of the Rampion crew, this is a must-have for fans of the series.

This graphic novel was everything that I hoped that it would be and more. I have to admit that I was nervous about reading it because it focuses heavily on Iko. I was used to the other books that focused on the other characters with Cinder's story always being the main focus. It's not that I didn't like her but I was nervous about this being more of her story. I was actually surprised by how much I liked Iko. She was funny and girly but also knew how to kick butt. I didn't mind having the focus being on such a strong, independent individual. I was interested in what she would do or say next. 
The other main characters are featured in this as well which was nice because readers will still get to see what  is happening in their lives since the events that happened in Winter. This book is essentially an expansion on the world and a continuation of  the series.
I loved how action packed the other books in this series were and this one did not disappoint on that front either. There was plenty of action and I'm sure there will be even more in the next installment coming out at the beginning of next year. The illustrations in this book were well done but I wish that it wasn't entirely done in blue. It makes it difficult to depict what is in some of the panels in the book. 

1 comment: