Monday, March 13, 2017

Intuition (The Premonition #2) by Amy A. Bartol

                                                    ⭐⭐⭐ out of ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐stars

Summary: 
I don’t open my eyes so I can’t see him, but I can smell him. He thickens the air I breathe, choking me with his scent…his aroma. I shiver. I have to resist. If I’m not strong, then I will be relegated to the same fate as this predator whose sickness infects me even now. But now, I crave him and he knows that; he has been counting on my need to end the gnawing pain. How he would savor my surrender. I’m alive, but how much longer will it take until I beg him not to be?

Let me start by saying that I thought that the first book in this series (Inescapable) was pretty good. I thought that it did a fairly good job of setting the scene for the series and introducing us to the characters that we as readers would be following throughout the books. 

I'm still not sure how I feel about this book. I've been going back and forth with myself because I didn't like the focus of this book. I don't understand why the author felt as if she needed to add other types of creatures into the series. I thought that there was enough action and interesting plot points without adding that. I would have preferred the focus to be on the fallen versus the angels from paradise. 

I'm wondering if the author wanted to move the story further away from what readers have said was twilight-like by doing so. It made me like the story less to be honest and those characteristics still exist. Evie is still torn somewhat between Russell and Reed and wants to protect everyone but herself. 

I thought that the author could have taken some of the things that she set up in the first book in a different direction to make this story more interesting and action-packed but it felt like some things were just left out to dry so to speak. For example, Russell having been changed by what happened in the first book could have added another level to the story but it seemed like all the author did with it was say that he was stronger. 

The book had the potential to be great but I feel like it faltered. The characters didn't seem to change and more problems were added rather than getting more information about the original issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment