Saturday, March 25, 2017

A Million Worlds with You (Firebird #3) by Claudia Gray

                                          🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟stars

Summary:
Ever since she used the Firebird, her parent’s invention, to cross through alternate dimensions, Marguerite has been at the center of a cross-dimensional feud. Now she has learned that the evil Triad Corporation plans to destroy hundreds of universes, using their ultimate weapon: another dimension’s Marguerite who is wicked, psychologically twisted, and always one step ahead.

Even though her boyfriend Paul has always been at Marguerite’s side, the Triad’s last attack has left him a changed man, and he may never be the same again. Marguerite alone must stop Triad and prevent the destruction of the multiverse. It’s a battle of the Marguerites . . . and only one can win.
In the epic conclusion to the sweeping series that kicked off with A Thousand Pieces of You, fate and family will be questioned, loves will be won and lost, and the multiverse will be forever changed.


This book was an amazing conclusion to the Firebird trilogy!!! I loved everything about this book! 

I love how I was able to experience the universes again that had been visited in previous books but also have some new ones introduced. I'll admit it made it difficult to keep them all straight but I managed.  It was interesting to see even more sides to each of the characters especially Marguerite. I thought that the author's use of Marguerite's art in each universe in order to explain each of their personalities was so compelling. I love how even though she is breaking apart about what happened to Paul, she is still able to focus on the issue at hand which was saving the universes from evil Triad. She is such a strong character that has changed through sacrifice for the greater good even when she was terrified. I love her!!!

Paul was so different in this book. It was clear that the splintering had changed him and I wanted to heal with throughout the book. I felt so bad for him and heartbroken for Marguerite. There were times when I wanted to reach into the book and shake him but could also understand where he was coming from. He didn't feel like he could control himself or his emotions any longer. The splintering brought his insecurities to the forefront of his mind. 

Wicked Marguerite was involved in a larger portion of this book and can I just say she is sadistic. She had such a sick, twisted mind. I wanted to destroy her even after I learned more about what made her the person that she was. She didn't care about anyone but herself and she was proud of that fact. 

This book began right where the last one left off in the thick of things. I have to say that I think that Claudia Gray is an incredibly talented writer! I would read to certain points in this book and think "can things get any more tense or crazy?!? surely not" but then they would. There was still a fluidity and natural progression to the book regardless of how crazy things got. I actually had to take breaks while I was reading it because I was so emotionally invested. I had to get my breathing back under control and dry my tears. 

I believe that everyone should read this book! It is my favorite of the trilogy! It takes you on a roller coaster thrill ride where you will have no idea what is going to happen when the ride stops.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment