Thursday, January 26, 2017

Something There In Between by S. Ferguson

                                                                          🌟🌟🌟
Something There in Between by S. Ferguson receives three out of five stars from me. While there were quite a few things that I loved about this book, there were a few things that took away from the story for me. 

Bree Sutton has lost everything.

Shattered dreams and a lonely park bench are her only companions.
Happy endings aren’t for people like her.

Survivor Declan James knows what rock bottom looks like.
But he knows there can be redemption, no matter how far you’ve fallen.

You can try and fight it, but love doesn't care how broken and battered you are. It's always something there in between...

This book contains strong adult content that may not be suitable for readers sensitive to hard to read subjects.


Loved:
I loved Declan! He was so kind and compassionate towards Bree. I appreciated his backstory because I feel that it enabled him to truely be able to understand Bree. I thought that Bree was also a well thought out character with a lot of issues that were weighing her down. The way that she was feeling and coping with her issues was realistic and my heart broke for her many times throughout the story.

Disliked:
I felt like Declan developed feelings really quickly for Bree without really knowing her first. He wanted her to care for him and to help her out of the hole that she found herself in. Then the next thing you know he does something that seems to be completely out of character for him. I wasn't sure what to think about this particular event as it didn't seem to fit in the story. I also thought that the ending was a bit odd. Everything comes together and is tied up with a bow. It was a little too clean for my taste. I'm not saying that I don't want a happy ending but I want it to be realistic. No one gets everything that they want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment