Saturday, January 28, 2017

Finding Wonderful (The Perfect Rebels Book 1) by Jessica Sorensen



                                                  🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars

                   A great start to the series! I love thrillers and this is shaping up to be one!


Willa
My best friend, Brecken, collects secrets. So when he tells me he knows a potentially life-destroying secret about someone, I don’t think too much about it.
Until he dies a few hours later.
The police rule his death a suicide, but I’m not convinced. I don’t really start to fully question his death, though, until the day Gaige Irvins moves in with me.
Gaige used to be a good guy up until three years ago when he joined the popular group known as the Perfect Rebels. Now he’s a cocky jerk that hasn’t been very nice to me.
I try to keep my distance from him, but no matter how hard I try, I find myself drawn to him, enough to let him kiss me. But that kiss shatters everything and forces me back to reality.
And the reality is Gaige might have had something to do with Brecken’s death.

Gaige
Sometimes I feel like the loneliest guy in the world. Do I have friends? Sure. But none of them know the real me, the guy beneath the cocky facade, fake smiles, secrets, and lies.
I wish I could change, but I can’t. Not unless I want to risk my secret getting out. A secret I’m being blackmailed over.
To make things worse, the day I move in with Willa, my blackmailer sends me a new threat: get close to Willa and find out her secrets.
It’s not like his demand is terrible. Willa is gorgeous, just a little strange. But my friends and I haven’t been that nice to her, and I know getting close to her is going to be difficult.

There were moments towards the end that were tense. I found myself wondering about the identity of the blackmailer. I can't say that the Perfect Rebels don't deserve the things that are happening to them. It is hard for me to sympathize with people who belittle others to make themselves feel better. I did feel a little bad for Gaige having to grow up the environment that he did but he could have chosen to react in another way other than lashing out at those around him.

I myself, am rooting for Willa though. I want her to stay strong and solve the puzzle that has been laid out in front of her. My heart broke for her throughout this story. Her friend has just died towards the beginning of the story and she is having to face the bullies at her school alone. Add that to the fact that now she has to live with Gaige who is one of them.

I felt that I couldn't give this book five stars because I still have so many questions and it is hard for me to swallow the fact that Willa is drawn to Gaige. I have a few theories as to what the Perfect Rebels are being blackmailed for but I'll have to wait and see if they pan out. I enjoy Jessica's books but she kills me a little inside every time I have to wait for the next book in the series to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment