Friday, January 27, 2017

Dear Life by Meghan Quinn

                                                         🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟stars
Summary: Four lives. Four stories. Four sets of letters. Four brave souls in need of guidance while facing life's greatest challenges.
The anonymously published Dear Life program is designed to help them step outside of their comfort zones, face their obstacles, and relinquish their demons...and prove their existence.
With their lives teetering between wanting more and losing it all, all four souls dive into the program as a New Year’s resolution, sending them on a crazy, life-altering journey.
 

Dear Life,

Please be kind.

Yours truly, Hollyn, Jace, Daisy, and Carter.


Even though this book caught my attention intially, I was hesitant to read it because I don't normally read a book that has more than two points of view. I can end up finding it a bit confusing and harder to connect with all of the characters. 

I continued to see all of the praise surrounding the book so I thought that I would suck it up and give it a try. While I wasn't in love with the book, I have to say that I found the premise to be thought provoking and inspiring. I felt that the message that the author was trying to send was live your life even when it feels like it is ending because there is always something else that makes life beautiful. 

I thought that it was exciting that each of the characters had a unique voice although I have to say that I was pulled in to Jace and Hollyn more so than Daisy and Carter. I found Daisy to be cringe worthy. I found it hard to read through her parts of the story because her naivety was annoying. Carter started out enjoyable but he was a bit of a slow burn as far as character change so I started to pull away from him as well. He had a huge chip on his shoulder and did not really empathize with the situations of others. I can understand why the author made the characters the way that they were though. If they were all the same, it would make the story less satisfying and realistic.

This story is predictable from beginning to end but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable. I would recommend that everyone should read it because I believe that it is the type of book that can help people who are struggling to believe that there is life after painful events.  

As always, feel free to recommend books to me that you would like me to review!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment