Monday, June 24, 2019

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Olive is always unlucky: in her career, in love, in…well, everything. Her identical twin sister Ami, on the other hand, is probably the luckiest person in the world. Her meet-cute with her fiancΓ© is something out of a romantic comedy (gag) and she’s managed to finance her entire wedding by winning a series of Internet contests (double gag). Worst of all, she’s forcing Olive to spend the day with her sworn enemy, Ethan, who just happens to be the best man.

Olive braces herself to get through 24 hours of wedding hell before she can return to her comfortable, unlucky life. But when the entire wedding party gets food poisoning from eating bad shellfish, the only people who aren’t affected are Olive and Ethan. And now there’s an all-expenses-paid honeymoon in Hawaii up for grabs.

Putting their mutual hatred aside for the sake of a free vacation, Olive and Ethan head for paradise, determined to avoid each other at all costs. But when Olive runs into her future boss, the little white lie she tells him is suddenly at risk to become a whole lot bigger. She and Ethan now have to pretend to be loving newlyweds, and her luck seems worse than ever. But the weird thing is that she doesn’t mind playing pretend. In fact, she feels kind of... lucky.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I have been in a bit of a reading slump where I have started a few books but haven't been able to finish them because I just wasn't in the mood. I picked up The Unhoneymooners hoping that it would help me and it did. It was just the book that I needed. It was light, funny romance. Was it anything new? No. Was it a bit fantastical at times? Yes. I could see the flaws in the book but still thought that it was a fun and enjoyable read. I liked each of the main characters and found them even more realistic and relatable than the characters in the last Christina Lauren book I read, Josh and Hazel. They each had their issues but were good, solid people who needed to catch a break in different ways. Olive was unlucky in general and Ethan was unlucky in love. Put all of those factors together and I smell a romance....well except for the fact that they hate each other. I think that I may have a thing for Christina Lauren's writing and may need to read more of her books. If you enjoy fun, light romance then you will probably love The Unhoneymooners!






No comments:

Post a Comment