Sunday, January 6, 2019

Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10) by Agatha Christie

🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

What more can a mystery addict desire than a much-loathed murder victim found aboard the luxurious Orient Express with multiple stab wounds, thirteen likely suspects, an incomparably brilliant detective in Hercule Poirot, and the most ingenious crime ever conceived?

I know that I had said that I probably wouldn't be reading any more Agatha Christie books due to the dated language but I changed my mind. I became curious about her other books because of just how good I found And Then There Were None to be. I'm not going to lie. I found this book for a dollar at a thrift store as well so it didn't take much to convince me to buy it and read it. 
Even though I found that I didn't like Murder on the Orient Express as much as And Then There Were None, it was still a well done book. It had an ending that was delightfully unexpected due to the well crafted nature of the story. Christie does a great job casting her set of characters and plotting out details well enough to have a reader guessing until the end. I enjoyed the smallest details that she put in the story for each character and how she was able to cast suspicion on many of them. There came a point about halfway through the book when I was able to figure out who did it but was still able to thoroughly enjoy the experience. I love a great murder mystery and she checks all of my boxes! She may have converted me to her writing after all!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are reading more Christie. And Then There Were None was my first as well, and I was impressed. I want to read more of her stuff too.

    ReplyDelete