Monday, January 28, 2019

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) by Charlaine Harris

🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out....

Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea.

When I bought this book, I had no idea that the True Blood TV show was based on it and the rest of the series. I had never heard of the series or the author before but I thought that I would give it a try without looking at reviews or anything. 
Dead Until Dark was a fast, exciting read! I thought that the plot was interesting and the author kept me guessing with what was going to happen. I would think that I had the murderer figured out and next thing I knew I was being thrown a curve ball. I enjoyed the lore surrounding vampires and the world building that led to humans knowing about vampires. I thought that the whole concept on bars and fangbangers was interesting and something that I could believe would happen if this was real. 
I'm not sure how I feel about the romance in the book. It was fairly quick and insta-love like. I think that some of that may have to so with the characters. I found quite a few to be bland stereotypes of a small town crowd. I thought that Sookie was a pretty cool character though and I enjoyed being inside of her head. 

1 comment: