Monday, March 30, 2020

All Your Perfects

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Colleen Hoover delivers a tour de force novel about a troubled marriage and the one old forgotten promise that might be able to save it.

Quinn and Graham’s perfect love is threatened by their imperfect marriage. The memories, mistakes, and secrets that they have built up over the years are now tearing them apart. The one thing that could save them might also be the very thing that pushes their marriage beyond the point of repair.

All Your Perfects is a profound novel about a damaged couple whose potential future hinges on promises made in the past. This is a heartbreaking page-turner that asks: Can a resounding love with a perfect beginning survive a lifetime between two imperfect people?

I have been terrified to read this book since I bought it. I tried to go into it blind but the issue that is the focus of the book was spoiled for me. Knowing what the issue was was what terrified me. I have read and loved all of Colleen Hoover's books in the past but I knew that this one would tear me apart much like It Ends With Us but worse.

I have struggled with with the same issue as the couple in the book though thankfully things never reached the devastating results as they did in the book. Each page of this book was painful to read regardless of my husband and I being at peace with where we are. I was reminded of all the pain I felt throughout the years from the inquiries of others as well as my own feelings of inadequacy as a woman and wife.

I'm not sure if the author has ever struggled with what she wrote about in All Your Perfects but she showed masterful skill regardless in writing about it. I felt understood in a way I haven't before and less alone in my struggles even though the book is a work of fiction. I honestly don't know if others will get what I got out of this book by reading it but I think it is important to read. It meant so much to me and I wish I could meet the author to tell her thank you for writing about difficult topics like this one. It makes people like me feel heard and it means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment