Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep #1) by Mira Grant

🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Seven years ago, the Atargatis set off on a voyage to the Mariana Trench to film a “mockumentary” bringing to life ancient sea creatures of legend. It was lost at sea with all hands. Some have called it a hoax; others have called it a maritime tragedy.

Now, a new crew has been assembled. But this time they’re not out to entertain. Some seek to validate their life’s work. Some seek the greatest hunt of all. Some seek the truth. But for the ambitious young scientist Victoria Stewart this is a voyage to uncover the fate of the sister she lost.

Whatever the truth may be, it will only be found below the waves. But the secrets of the deep come with a price.

I thought that the synopsis of Into the Drowning Deep made it sound like something that I have been waiting for forever. I have had yet to find a great mermaid/siren book that had the murder and mayhem that the species are known for....until this book. The author gave me what I have been craving and more. 
I could tell that this book was well thought although the pacing could have been better. That is where the book lost a star in my opinion. I felt like I had to push through the first half. It wasn't that the first half of the book was bad but it was much more scientific in nature rather than moving the plot along. The science was interesting but I wanted a bit more to be happening. 
That being said, the second half of this book was amazing! It was terrifying and thrilling at the same time! I feel like I was just as terrified as the characters in the book. I had no idea what was going to happen or if my favorite characters were going to live. It was fact paced just the right amount of blood and guts. I will say that anyone who is squeamish or has a weak stomach than this book is probably not a good idea. 
I think that some readers will have issues with how the book ended but I loved it. I thought that the ending was appropriate and almost exactly what I was looking for. 



1 comment: