Thursday, April 26, 2018

Infinity (The Infinity Division #1) by Jus Accardo

🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Synopsis:
Nobody said being the daughter of an army general was easy. But when her dad sends a teenage subordinate to babysit her while he’s away… That’s taking it a step too far.

Cade, as beautiful as he is deadly, watches Kori with more than just interest. He looks at her like he knows her very soul. And when he saves her from a seemingly random attack, well, that’s when things get weird.

Turns out, Kori’s dad isn’t just an army general—he’s the head of a secret government project that has invented a way to travel between parallel dimensions. Dimensions where there are infinite Koris, infinite Cades…and apparently, on every other Earth, they’re madly in love.

Falling for a soldier is the last thing on Kori’s mind. Especially when she finds herself in a deadly crossfire, and someone from another Earth is hell-bent on revenge…
 

I was excited when I heard that Jus Accardo was writing a new series that involved parallel dimensions because I had loved The Eternal Balance series so much. I thought that the story line was interesting but I was hoping for something more originalI felt like I had read this story many times over already and loved them. This along with the predictability of the story made it very difficult for me to pay attention and love this story as much. 
I had a hard time with the characters because I thought that the love interest was bland and the main character was a bit too ready to run into trouble rather than thinking her actions through. She was a bit of a spoiled brat which turned me off from liking her. 
I also didn't understand why the romance aspect of the book was shoved in the readers face so much throughout the story. I felt like there was too much attention on that and not enough on the people that were suffering because of the technology to travel to different dimensions. I honestly didn't care what happened to either character due to being annoyed by the author repeating that they couldn't be together over and over. I just wanted to yell "I get it! Now move on!"



No comments:

Post a Comment